Monday, January 22, 2018

January 19, 2018

Buna ziua fimili! Might've spelled that wrong, oh well.

It's still so crazy to me that I'm a missionary. I look down at my tag and I'm like surprised every time that it's finally there!
My first day was AWESOME! Kind of a lot all at once, but I knew that's how it was for everyone. When I walked in I just couldn't believe I was here! This is truly a dedicated place for missionary and I know that the Lord's work abounds within these buildings.
Yesterday (Day 2) was an up and down roller coaster. I had times where I was feeling good and full of the spirit, and then other times where I was feeling overwhelmed and terribly discouraged. It's stressful, because tonight my companions and I are teaching our first lesson in Romanian and I'M NERVOUS! I can say about 3 things in Romanian so hopefully the gift of tongues kicks in and our planning goes well.
It's crazy, they give you so many assignments here at the MTC! You have to write talks for each Sunday, we have our first lesson tonight, you have to read the different handbooks by the first weekend, and you have other language assignments too. I don't know when I'm gonna have time for all of it (because our days are packed to the max) but I know that the Lord will provide a way! I'll get the hang of things soon I know it!
So far I've gotten up at 6:30 everyday (thank you for the prayers!) and I love my companions. There are 5 Soras and 3 Varsniculs (elders) in our district, and there is an Elder Dahl! He's from Oregon, and so far we're not related but we'll look at family history and find out! Crazy huh!
I'm in a trio with Sora Lowther and Sora Wallace. Sora Lowther is from South Jordan, and she is 5 foot! We have almost a whole foot of height difference crazy! And my other companion Sora Wallace is from New Mexico. We get along really well!
I'm about out of time but I'll add some pictures.
Also mama, if you could do me a favor and send me my white collared button up shirt in my closet I would love that! And tell Dad to hold off on the shoes for now. I wanna get used to the ones I have first and I've seen some around the MTC that I really like so I'll let you know which ones I'd want.
Thank you so much for everything! Today we went to the temple! It was awesome!
One thing I've learned here in the MTC is that if you start each personal study with a question THE LORD WILL ANSWER YOU! I've done it twice now and it works every time!
Sorry I didn't get to talk a lot about the other spiritual things I learned, but I'll write you next week! Te Iubesc!
Love, Sora Dahl











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lam Liver and other Lovely things :)

Yesterday was Easter in Romania! So we got two Easters and that was so fun! (At least I celebrated two easters). Paste Ferecit! :)  We h...