Monday, March 26, 2018

FOARTE frig afara! Foarte foarte mult zapada!

It's VERY cold outside! So so much snow! That's what my subject says :)  

Another great week in Romania! Weird and crazy but also so many good things happened! 

This week Sora Nowjack and I met up with this girl named Masa that we met in the park contacting a couple weeks ago. She is SO SO SO NICE! She loves to travel and showed us all these pics of places she's been, so cool! We met up with her twice this week actually, and when we did she insisted to find me on instagram lol and so that was funny, I hope she likes my mission pictures haha

The second time we met up with her she insisted on buying us all these Moldovian candies that she loves because she's from Moldova and wanted us to try them. THEY WERE SO GOOD! I saved all the wrappers and put them in my journal because I loved them so much haha. Anyways, so we went to Starbucks to eat them (don't worry I got a coffee-less frappicino or whatever it's called, I practice the word of wisdom I promise) and we had such a good discussion with Masa about religion! I did my week 4 challenge and led the discussion about the Plan of Salvation and I asked her about what she believes about life after death and she was kinda surprised by the question but she answered. She believes in God, she believes in life after this life and hopes to make it to Heaven and we explained that we believe in the same thing and that we were sent to earth to get a body and to learn and grow and choose right from wrong and that we can become more like God. She kinda got surprised by that and asked "how" and I explained a little bit about the atonement and how through Christ we can become better and it was SO COOL! She was also kinda surprised when we said that we can live with our families forever and so that was kinda cool because you could tell that she probably hadn't heard about that before. She had some good questions for us, and we were able to talk and answer them and she wants to meet up again sometime to talk more about religion! I'm so excited! She also wants to bring us back candies from when she goes to Russia and I'm also excited about that ;)

We have an Easter concert coming up this Saturday where all the missionaries in Bucuresti come together to sing and so we went SINGING CONTACTING in the metro station with a couple other sisters in Buch and one of them played a ukulele and it was so cool! At first I was like......this is weird.. and we got kicked out of the metro lol so then we sang on the street. And it was actually so so good! This one cute girl smiled so big when I gave her a flyer and there was this cute little family with this little girl who was mesmerized by the ukulele and there was this man that recorded us on his phone and HE ENDED UP COMING TO CHURCH AT MIHAI BRAVU (the other church in Bucuresti) haha so that was so cool! At first I was so nervous to sing but by the end of it I was singing loud with confidence and the power of God! It was awesome! 

Another thing for this week, I extended my first baptismal invitation!!!! Didn't go super well, but I told Sora Nowjack I would do it and I did! We were doing a half english/half gospel lesson with this girl Eugenia and at the end I invited her to be baptized if she knew this was true and she just kinda looked at us blankly and didn't really understand hahah... Sora Nowjack saved the conversation. But still I tried! I followed the spirit and even though she didn't agree to be baptized I now have more confidence to follow spiritual promptings in the future!

We still haven't been teaching much, mostly just contacting and meeting with members and less actives, but it's still great! We ate Sunday dinner at Sora Gorzo's hahah and we matched and so I had to take a picture! I love her! She has had missionaries over for Sunday dinner every week for the past 15 years!! 

Still learning, still growing! This is the Lord's work!

-TAYLOR SWIFT :) made me so happy
-My first time trying gogosi! Nutella filled donut basically! YUM
-Masa insisted we take a picture of the candy haha ~aesthetic~
-First time trying sarmale! meat/veggie cabbage roll things. YUM
-Sora Gorzo! Try to NOT laugh at this picture I dare you!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lam Liver and other Lovely things :)

Yesterday was Easter in Romania! So we got two Easters and that was so fun! (At least I celebrated two easters). Paste Ferecit! :)  We h...