Monday, March 12, 2018

Almost 2 weeks in Romania

Buna familia si prieteni!! Voi iubesc foarte fult!
Lol I'm such a poser, I don't actually know that much Romanian haha, but I'm still trying and I'm learning and growing every single day!
This has been SUCH a good week, Whoa! We had my first ever zone conference, we had a baptism in Bucurest, and we've been talking to lots of people and I've been meeting so many awesome Romanians!
This past week there have been so many holidays in Romania! They had womens day on the 8th of March, Mucenici Day on the 9th (Not sure what the holiday is actually called?) and they pretty much just celebrate spring all month long! It's so fun! And it actually feels like Spring outside right now! It's AMAZING! Thank you for the prayers, I didn't freeze in the short snow storm we had :')
On the 9th of March we met with some cute Romanian girls Georgiana and Nicoleta, and they fed us Mucenici! It's like this sugar soup with nuts and noodles shaped in the infinity symbol. It was pretty good! And they sell bread shaped in the infinity ALL day long and Sora Nowjack and I tried some and it was SO GOOD! Honestly, I haven't eaten a single thing I haven't liked yet here in Romania. Even when my comp makes eggs with broccoli! It's still good! I'm learning to love all the foods I once hated and it's AWESOME!!
Along with the fun holidays they have people selling things EVERYWHERE on the streets. One day we went to the Targ, which is like this big circle of all these booths of people selling stuff, and we did contacting there and met some really awesome people!
As far as the teaching goes, this week has been a little rough. We have yet to find a real investigator and it's kind of discouraging sometimes but we have been talking to lots of people in the park and meeting lots of new people so I know that it will happen eventually! This week we did have [kind of] our first real lesson, except it didn't go super well haha. We taught Georgiana and Nicoleta the restoration, we started with a prayer, but they lost interest really fast and the rest of the lesson was really hectic and crazy. I was feeling really discouraged because I've been in Romania for almost two weeks and we haven't had a real lesson yet but thankfully the Lord was able to help me through my discouragements and give me motivation to keep moving forward.
WE HAD A BAPTISM THIS WEEK! Her name is Astrid, she's 13, and she was someone my comp taught in her old area. The baptism was AMAZING! The best part about the baptism was the spirit that was there and how happy Astrid was. I actually got emotional standing there as she was baptized. It made me think of my own baptism and how that was one of the happiest days of my whole life thus far. And I cold just FEEL the power of God there as the ordinance was performed--even if it was in another language. God's power is real! And because of it, this sweet little girl was brought unto repentance and unto the Lord! This morning I was reading my mission scripture (Alma 29:9) and it talks about having JOY in the success of other missionaries and not just joy in ourselves and our success. Because in the end it's all about bringing people unto Christ and so that's what we should have joy in! It doesn't matter if I am getting a baptism or if the Surori in Mihai Bravu are getting a baptism, or any other missionary in Romania for that matter. I have JOY because a soul was brought unto God, and that is AMAZING! I am so happy for Astrid!
I barely speak this language, but I'm trying each and every day! Thank you all for the love and support and I pray for you all daily! 
Pics:
-Georgiana bought me a murtisor bracelet!
-The Targ!
-Mucenici! YUM!
-Astrid's baptism
-I find chicken EVERYWHERE! hehe iubesc pui foarte mult

More pics!!
I found ~true art~ this week hahaha YOUR MOM!!! 
Also this is Sister Alger, one of my STLs! I met her twin sister at SUU! small world! 
And I found a fidget spinner in our apartment hahah fidget spinning with my best friend Jesus! :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lam Liver and other Lovely things :)

Yesterday was Easter in Romania! So we got two Easters and that was so fun! (At least I celebrated two easters). Paste Ferecit! :)  We h...